Sports and Recreation
Parks, Preserves, Trails and Gardens
Arts and Entertainment
Schools and Colleges
Vineyards and Wineries
Farms, Orchards, and Markets
Activities for Children
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
area code for the phone numbers listed below is 845, unless
- Wing's Castle
- Millbrook, Bangall Road; 677-9085
- Stone castle constructed by artists Peter and
Tony Wing using salvaged materials from antique buildings. May
31–Dec. 20, Wed.–Sun.
Roosevelt 4 Movie Theater
- Hyde Park, 229-2000
- Sat. and Sun. matinees.
- Millerton, 789-3408
- Movie theater, café, and gallery.
Dutchess Community College Art Gallery
- Poughkeepsie, 431-8620
Bardavon 1869 Opera
- Poughkeepsie, 473-5288
- Oldest operating theater in New York State.
Performances of all kinds, including young people's theater series
and concerts by the Hudson Valley Philharmonic.
Frances Lehman Loeb
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie;
- Permanent collection and special exhibits.
- Hoyt's Galleria
- Poughkeepsie, 297-1161
- 12-screen cinema.
- Hudson Valley Country
- Poughkeepsie, 473-7050
- Contra, square, and swing dances to live bands
and callers. Beginners and children welcome; no partner necessary.
- Marist College Art
- Poughkeepsie, 575-3000, ext. 2903
- Exhibitions of contemporary art.
Mid-Hudson Civic Center
McCann Ice Arena
- Poughkeepsie, 454-5800
- Entertainment and recreation center. Ice
skating, rock and pop concerts, consumer and trade shows, cultural
- Center for Performing
Arts at Rhinebeck
- Rhinebeck, 876-3080
- Plays, musicals, dance, concerts, lectures,
readings, workshops. Year-round.
- Dutchess County
- Rhinebeck, 876-4001
- Agricultural exhibits, carnivals, harness
racing, entertainment, crafts fairs.
- Old Rhinebeck
- Rhinebeck, 758-8610
- Antique aircraft and automobiles on display and
in action. May –Oct. Weekend air shows mid-June through mid-Oct.
Open-cockpit biplane rides available before and after shows.
and Reservations Directions
© Copyright 1999-2001