Sports and Recreation
Parks, Preserves, Trails and Gardens
Arts and Entertainment
Schools and Colleges
Vineyards and Wineries
Farms, Orchards, and Markets
Activities for Children
SPORTS AND RECREATION
The area code for the phone
numbers listed below is 845, unless otherwise noted.
Racing, Bowling, Fitness
Centers, Golf, Horseback
Riding, Hot Air Ballooning, Sailing
and Cruises, Shooting, Tennis,
Activities for Children.
- Auto Racing
Lime Rock Park
Lime Rock, CT; 800-RACE-LRP
One of the oldest continuously operated road racing courses in
the US. The only professional motorsports facility in the Greater
New York/Southern New England region; 325 scenic acres,1.53-mile
7-turn course. Mid-Mar.--mid-Nov.
Millbrook, Rte. 44; 677-8218
Fish and Game Clubs (see Shooting)
Millbrook Performing Arts
Millbrook, Franklin Ave; 677-3705
- Millbrook Training Center
- Millbrook, Rte. 44; 677-0100
- Spacious equipment area, lap pool, classes,
Baird State Park Golf Course
Pleasant Valley, 452-1489
18-hole championship course, driving range, cart rentals,
clubhouse, restaurant. Apr.–mid-Nov.
- Casperkill Country Club
- Poughkeepsie, 433-2222
- 18-hole championship course designed by Robert
Trent Jones. Driving range, practice area, putting greens, pro shop,
clubhouse; cart and equipment rentals, lessons.
- College Hill Golf Course
- Poughkeepsie, 486-9112
- McCann Memorial Golf Course
- Poughkeepsie, 454-1968
- 18-hole course.
- Vassar Golf Course
- Poughkeepsie, 473-1550
- 9-hole course, equipment rentals. Apr.–Nov.
- Staatsburg, 889-4751
- 18-hole course, clubhouse, restaurant, equipment
sales and rentals. Apr.–Nov.
Millbrook, Rte. 86; 373-9626
- Cross-country, dressage, hacking, jumping;
private and group lessons, store. Hosts summer equestrian events.
- Willowbrook Farm
- Clinton Corners, 266-4522
- Jane Hilderbrand
- Dover Plains, 877-3177
- Large indoor arena, trail rides on 200 acres,
- La Grangeville, 223-RIDE
- Boarding, lessons.
- Western Riding Stables
- Trail rides, daily and overnight horseback
pack trips; hay/sleigh rides, pony rides, moonlight rides,
- Stoneridge Stables
Pleasant Valley, 635-3060
- Indoor and outdoor arena, lessons.
- Pegasus Riding Center
- Pony/horseback riding lessons, dog and cat
- Southlands Foundation
- 200-acre equestrian farm overlooking Hudson.
Walking trails, concerts, cross-country skiing, sleigh/wagon
rides, special events.
- Solstice Farm Stable
- Lessons in Western and English riding.
Hot Air Ballooning
Blue Sky Balloons
- Pleasant Valley, 1-888-999-2461
- Apr.–Oct. Reservation required.
- Lift and Drift Tours
- Slate Hill, 355-6201
Sailing and Cruises
Hudson River Sloop Clearwater
The Clearwater sails the Hudson conducting environmental education
programs and participates in riverfront festivals. www.clearwater.org
Brunch and dinner cruises and private charters on the
Great Hudson Sailing Center, Inc.
43-foot sailing yacht; charters, sunset cruises,
Oldest shooting grounds in the nation. Sporting
clays, shooting, hunting preserve, fly fishing school. Year-round. www.orvis.com
Millbrook Rod & Gun Club
Millbrook, Woodstock Rd.; 677-0029
Sporting clays, skeet, instruction. Sun. only.
- Nine Partners Pheasant Farm
- Millbrook, 9 Partners Lane; 677-3114
- Sporting clays, trap, 3-D archery, hunting
- Tamarack Preserve, Ltd.
- TMT Hunting Preserve & Sporting Clays
- Sporting clays, trap range, hunting preserve,
- Mashomack Preserve Club
Pine Plains, 398-5151
- Taconic Trap Club
- Sporting clays, trap, instruction, store.
Millbrook Community Tennis Courts
Millbrook, Elm Dr. and Maple Ave.
Olde Rip's Fun & Games
Hyde Park, 229-1734
Miniature golf, batting cages, arcade,
- Mid-Hudson Children's Museum
- Poughkeepsie, 297-5938
- Exhibits (combining science and art) for ages
2–12. Tues. –Sun.
- Overlook Golf & Recreation Center
- Golf driving range, miniature golf,
baseball/softball batting cages. Mid-Mar.–mid-Nov.
- A Horse Drawn Affair
- Horse-drawn rides through countryside.
Carriage barn with antique carriages and sleighs.. Year-round.
Home Accommodations Attractions
© Copyright 1999-2001 Cottonwood